Sparkling wine, exquisite gowns, handsome gentlemen, and little gold statues — what better excuse to don your Sunday best than an Oscar Party! The celebs were out in full force for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards.
Special thanks to Symphonix, San Francisco Symphony’s Young Professional Group, for putting on such a fun, glitzy event. It was a great group of good-looking professionals and we enjoyed our own walk down the red carpet, complete with Joan River’s commentary. The view was beautiful from the Julia Morgan Ballroom, on the 15th floor of the Merchants Exchange Building. Credo provided ample bites, complete with chocolate fountain and Chandon kept the bubbly flowin’.
And according to 7×7 Magazine, we even had some Bay Area Alums in the running!
Though the festivities certainly made me lose focus more times than once, I did not miss a few of the top Oscar wins. For those of you who did miss it…I have listed the winners below!
- Best Picture: The King’s Speech
- Best Actor: Colin Firth
- Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale
- Best Actress: Natalie Portman
- Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo
- Best Art Direction: Alice in Wonderland
- Best Cinematography: Inception
- Best Costume Design: Alice in Wonderland
- Best Directing: The King’s Speech
You may have to wait another year for the Academy Awards, but I highly suggesting attending an Oscar Party or even hosting one of your own! Here are some tips to get you started:
- Gold, gold everywhere! Be sure to get into the theme of the evening
- Request that every guest brings small bites or a bottle of bubbly
- Invite your guests to channel their favorite actor or actress
- Pull out those cameras! Nothing says celebrity like the paparazzi