Roommate woes are the worst to have–there’s nothing worse than fighting with someone you share close quarters with, amirite?
The hardest thing is when you diplomatically say how how you feel, and the other person involved is not mature enough to separate themselves from the issue at hand. We all have to feel comfortable in our homes, so I’ve put together a short list to help us all remember that we are not the only person that lives in this universe.
1. Accept that you are not always right.
2. Be mature. If you are not mature enough to handle conflicts, maybe you are not mature enough to live on your own.
3. Clean up after yourself, period. No one needs to tell you what to do, just do it.
4. Be respectful of those around you. Remember in SF walls are thin! And most of us wake up at a decent hour.
5. Replace the roll of toilet paper if you have used the last of it. Replace the sugar if you have used it all. Hey–replace anything that you have used the last of.
I know this list is short and sweet, but hopefully it will be enough to get you started!