Learning the first rule of blogging is painful. Wanna know the first rule of blogging? TAKE YOUR CAMERA EVERYWHERE YOU GO.
In the past few days there have been so many instances where I’m literally trying to kick myself in my own ass. And we all know that pictures tell a thousand words–I’m pretty sure anything that I describe would be lost on my little blog followers! Lets just say I saw a 3 month old kitten on Muni (yes Muni) swaddled like a baby, and I could not put into words how freakin’ cute this kit was.
Anyway, on to more pressing subjects. Like the grand opening of American Cupcake. From the start–with it’s bright white banquets and cotton candy hued interior to the extensive cupcake selection–I could tell that this one would be a ballerina’s dream. Throw in the candy cocktails, like “The Shameless” and “The Flirtatious” and you’ve got the little girl inside us all completely hooked! Here are the menu items I tried:
- Truffle Parmesan Popcorn
- Tater Tots with curried ketchup and wasabi aioli
- Organic Asparagus Soup with Riverdog Farm Asparagus, pancetta, poached egg, parmesan, and smoked paprika
- Pulled Pork Sliders with housemade jack n’ coke bbq sauce, pickled vegetables, and chili smoked sea salt
- Dungeness Crab Deviled Eggs with tobiko
- Kobe Beef and Quail Egg toasts topped with caviar
- Dungeness Crab and Corn Chowder
And I didn’t even try their PB&J menu!. By the way, I absolutely love the revival of the chinese-takeout boxes-as-serving bowls thing.